Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Topping

Its technically spring, but winter like weather and fruit season in India. Lots of sweet strawberries, kiwis (well they are almost gone), pears, chickoo, pineapples and more. I tend to buy strawberries every time I go to my fruitwalla. Sometimes though, I dont get around to eating them.

I had a 200g carton of strawberries that needed to be used up, so I decided to make some fresh strawberry topping that I could use sometime in the next week or so, as long as I kept it in the fridge/freezer. I've actually kept this in the freezer for longer in the past. As long as you can prevent freezer burn, it should keep.

Ingredients

  • 200grams fresh strawberries, chopped
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions


  • Chop all strawberries and set aside 1/3 of them.
  • Place remaining 2/3 strawberries along with sugar and vanilla on medium heat until bubbly. Reduce to low and cook for additional 10 minutes. Be sure to stir regularly to prevent sticking.
  • Transfer cooked strawberry mixture to blender and puree.
  • Add the uncooked strawberries to puree. Allow mixture to cool on counter.
  • Serve over ice cream, pancakes, cakes and more or keep in fridge for use within week, freezer for longer storage.
I ended up using this on the vegan mini chocolate cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails